Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Turkey Day Menu

I told Robin yesterday that we were planning to attempt a "turkey blanky" cheesecloth cooking method this year. We saw Michael Simon do it on an episode of The Chew. Has anyone else watched this show? What a great group of hosts! So, I told her that our menu is somewhat non-traditional, and I thought it would be interesting to see what others are having. Here's what's on our menu (this is what we are making; other people are bringing other things):

Turkey Blanky Turkey with Jack Daniels Teriyaki Glaze
A spinach/walnut/feta/cranberry salad with raspberry vinegarette
Rosemary garlic potatoes
Balsamic glazed carrots and peas
Morro (which M says is a Dominican dish also called "arroz con gandules" that's rice and green pigeon peas)
Caramel apple cheesecake bars (thanks Pinterest)
Pumpkin cake with apple cream cheese frosting

We are also making an appetizer tray, M's mom is making empanadas (Louisiana people think "meat pies with latin flair"), and pumpkin fluff dip.

What ends up on your table?

2 comments:

Robin Gray Christeson said...

I'll be right over.

Becca said...

I saw that show! Tell me how it goes!